Job Description-Music Program
Part Time (Salaried)
The person in this position must have a strong desire to be involved with the music program at Faith United Methodist Church, working with choir members. This person must also have the relational and organizational skills working with the pastor and relating to volunteers willing to be involved in these activities.
The purpose is to provide music for Sunday services by playing the piano or other keyboard instruments and accompany the choir, groups, or individuals involved in the music program at Faith Church. This also includes rehearsals for Sunday services and special music.
Conditions of Employment:
- A teachable, team-spirited attitude in working with others.
- A driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Clear criminal background check.
- College music degree is desired, but not required.
Major areas of focus in this position are:
- Play hymns for Sunday services.
- Accompany the choir.
- Accompany various groups or individuals for special music.
- Assist in the preparation of soloists or groups for performance.
- Work with the Pastor to coordinate music.
- Practice time necessary for preparation of music.
- Accompany the adult choir of the church.
- Principle keyboard player at all worship services including weddings and funerals on or off-site (honorarium).
- Assist in the planning and coordination of all music in the church.
- Handle regularly assigned tasks independently.
- Provide guidance to volunteers in the conduct of the programs/events with which they are involved.
- Coordinate music with the Worship Team.
Weekly coordination with the Pastor.
Critical Success Factors:
- Musical skill, keyboard proficiency and flexibility.
- Communication and coordination skills.
- Creativity and innovation for music during the worship service.
- Positive, contagious and welcoming Christian witness.